Friday, January 29, 2010

Dinner - Rice & Omelette


Dinner - Rice & Omelette
Originally uploaded by tebpp


The Winter has finally come in full force in Toronto. It has forced me to stay in and not step foot outside into the cold (-30). The only thing I found defrosted was a piece of Pork. I know how to make a few things with meat (grounded). I then realized this was not grounded but I continued to cook, since its the only thing I can cook at home. I love eating pasta and noodles. Love the texture and how it goes down, but I've been criticized for only cooking pasta, so I've decided to cook, one of my personal favourites and something that my mom cooks for me.

It is very simple, just rice and egg omelet. Usually cooked with grounded pork, which I didn't have. Then I need to put some sauce on this piece of meat, but couldn't find regular soya sauce, so instead I used a dark mushroom sauce. Which was a big mistake. I discovered it was very strong and made the meat very dark (look at picture). Then after cooking the meat, I poured it into my egg with spring onion. Then just sit and let it cook till crispy (my personal liking).

Turned out not so great. Really need smaller chunk of meat which makes eating much more easier. Then the soya sauce made it too strong and not enough egg taste. Overall, I didn't really enjoy my dinner much. I cooked this before and had it come out perfect, so experimenting didn't turn out to be such a good idea, but at least now I'm not hungry. I will take another picture next time I make the same exact dish but much nicer.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment