Thursday, January 14, 2010

Restaurant Review: Chinese Dumpling House

Chinese Dumpling House
Chinese Dumpling House
4188 Finch Ave East, Unit 12-13
Scarborough, Ontario

I was at a desert place in a store next door and then went for dinner and found this incredible dumpling place.  Its right at the corner of Finch Ave and Midland Ave.  It is actually my second time there today and I enjoyed the food both times and the prices are awesome.  They serve northern chinese food where dumplings are their specialty.  Other restaurants that are like this is Asian Legend and Ding Tai Fung.  Menus are relativity the same and with lots of selection.  As you enter the store there is plenty of seating and it was quite busy for a Thursday night around 7pm.  There was only one waitress but service was good.  Only chinese people where inside the restaurant at the time.

We opened the menu and the prices are very cheap.  Although there was some problems with the menu such as the headings not matching what was listed below, such as under noodles section, you would find dumplings.  They had lots of selection.

Cucumber with Jelly
Cucumber with Jelly

This was the first dish we ordered and it came out very quick.  It was good, the cucumbers were fresh and I never had this type of jelly before so it was a little different to me.  I prefer it more springy, but overall it was still a good dish to start off with.  I forgot to mix the dish, so I ate a portion with lots of minced garlic.

Pork Dumplings with Chives (water)

Pork Dumplings with Chives (water) 15 pieces

This was the second dish we ordered and there was two style of this dish, and we chose the water one.  I ate this dumpling with brown vinegar and it was delicious.  This was the best dish of the night, and was as good as all the other places.  I would recommend this to everyone.  I sat near the window seat and they had a neon green and red lights near the window which made my photos turn out a little greenish red.  They actually gave more than 15 pieces, and its by far the cheapest place for top quality dumplings.

Noodles with Meat
Noodles with Meat

I was in the mood for some noodles. They had some with soup, but I've decided to get this dish to share.  On the menu this type of noodle also comes with chicken, but I've decided to get the one that was classified as meat.  It had pork, green peppers, cabbage, thin noodles, and some onions. The one I had at Asian Legend was much better but for $5 I can't be complaining.  The noodles and toppings were fresh.

When the bill came the total of these 3 dishes came out to $18.50.  This was a meal for two and we were both full after the meal.  Didn't get to use the washroom to review that, and the atmosphere was good, it was your typical chinese restaurant, they had TVs playing a chinese concert.  The waitress spoke english and was nice.  It was a second good experience and for sure will be heading back some other time to try out their other items.  I would rate this place 4/5.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment