Thursday, January 21, 2010

Greek Coffee

Greek Coffee

Photo: Greek Coffee Foaming

A few weeks ago, my coworker comes out of the kitchen holding a propane cooking device.  I was then intrigued of what it was and what it was used for.  She said coffee.  Then I was like thinking why do people who make specialty coffee use devices that you find in science class.  I thought it would be great to try what greek coffee is.

Greek Coffee
Photo: The coffee Grinds

She was explaining how the greeks drink their coffee with the grinds in the beverage, which is the complete opposite of an espresso.  She took a spoon of coffee grinds, a spoon of sugar, and just added 2 mini cups of water, and let it sit on the burner for a few mins.  The interesting thing about this is that it automatically would start foaming.  I liked the taste.  Its suppose to be taken very slowly as it comes out very hot.  It was sweet and had a unique taste.  I'm usually use to the lattes and beverages you find at Starbucks or Second Cup.  When you get to the bottom of the cup, you will see all the grinds settle at the bottom and my mistake was that I was drinking too much near the bottom, so my colleague told me that it usually comes with water in the restaurant so if you drink too much near the bottom of the cup, its to rinse down the grinds.  Amateur mistake I made. Oh well.  I enjoyed this and would invite you to give it a try.  Other than gyros and souvlaki this is what comes down the list.

Greek Coffee
Photo: The final result

For more pictures, click here

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment