Thursday, February 25, 2010

Restaurant Review: Burrito Boyz

Burrito Boyz Entrance

218 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H1W7
(647) 439-4065

Looking for a great burrito downtown? Well this place is surely one of the most popular burrito joints in that area.  I haven't had many burritos from many stores but I can appreicate the product they serve at this location and their 2nd downtown location.  They consistantly have a large crowd, and if you are planning to go for lunch during the weekdays, I do recommend you line up outside the store around 11:30 to avoid a long line up.  So this is not a place if your in a rush, or I wouldn't even classify this place as fast food.

Burrito Boyz Menu
Photo: Menu

They have a good assortment of burritos.  I haven't been to mexico but do they have these types of burritos?  In my next photo, I got a small burrito and it comes out to $6.75.  The price is average, and for the budget eater I wouldn't say it would be a good deal.  I never got a large so I can't really tell you how much bigger it is.  The smaller is around 6 inches long.  The girl who assembled my burrito was new, but all the staff was upbeat and very friendly although there was a  ton of people waiting for their food around 6pm.  I can tell from the toppings that they do cut them at the store, and not just opened from some package.  It looked fresh as I looked over the glass window and very juicy.

Juicy Chicken Burrito
Photo: Juicy Chicken Burrito

So after the assembly line, they take your burrito and grill the soft shell.  They really do stuff the burrito with alot of toppings.  The fusion of the toppings I chose was excellent and they don't go cheap on the chicken.  So every bit I had there would be meat and cheese.  I was feeling a bit under the weather, but yet I can still taste and smell my food.

Burrito All Wrapped up
Photo: All Wrapped Up

If your ever in the area, give this place a try. Don't expect alot of seating as there is only about 8-10 seats available. This place has been praised by many toronto publications, and they have a whole wall dedicated to all awards and all the times they have been in the press. Everyone I know that has been there has come out a happy customer.

I would rate this place 4/5

Y

Fresh Toppings Where the magic happens Wall of Awards Small Chicken Burrito
Click here for the gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment