Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why sports is appealing to me

I really like playing sports especially basketball and tennis. Although I get injured from playing basketball I continue to play. What makes it worst when your injured and can't play, its so hard to stay away from the game. Oh by the way, I am not injured right now. I do have slight injury but nothing serious.

As everyone reads in the news or hear that exercise is good for you, that is probably one of the greatest reason to play sports or do something active, but that is not the main reason why I love playing. I just find it very fun. It feels good to do something competitively. Everytime you play a game of anything, there is usually a winner and a loser, who really likes to lose? I sure don't, but sometimes you just can't help to lose. But when you win, the feeling is great, and makes you want to win and shows all the hard work you put in, or you have some type of talent. If you lose, and try to see what you done wrong or ways to improve, its also a good way to evaluate yourself. Sometimes you need some type of stretegy to win, and see your opponents stregth and weakness, although sports is physical there is a mental aspect of the game. And how you react under pressure.

In team sports you have to learn to play with others and work as a team. In a game of soccer and basketball people have their roles and have to learn how to cooperate with each other and use everyone strength to achieve a victory. In an NBA commerical (darn I can't find it on youtube) but their message that its more than a game. Its something you can learn by having fun, in a game.

Sometimes you just can't win based on phyical ability when all the other players are on the same level you are. So thats when you have to use your head. I'm sure that a younger kid might not be able to think of things like that and thats when a coach is important, and develop an analyitical aspect to sports, to break down peoples weakness or to run a set play and learn how to excute plays.

Learning the basics and fundamentals is very important. You should learn how to do things the correct way. Just like many things in life is important.

I don't know the statistic about kids playing sports staying away from drugs and trouble, but I'm not going to get into that.

Well I'm sure there are many more reasons why sports is a good thing other than getting good exercise. Sometimes I feel parents put lots of pressure on their kids to do well in sports and takes the fun out of it. But its a good set of things you can gain from doing sports. Thats why I would promote sports and I personally do it myself. Oh yes, dedication & determination is also important that I didn't want to leave out, how can I forget? Its like all these people going to the gym working out have goals they want to accomplish either building muscles, looking great, or losing weights, those are all goals that they are determined to accomplish and requires lots of dedication. I don't see myself working out since I can't be self modivated that easily. Playing sports with friends is also good time to hang out with your friends or you can make friends from playing sports. So you can network and make new friends. Oh I really have to stop, its like a non stop subject I can go on forever and ever.

Y

3 comments:

  1. cool! you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol all valid points. sorta makes me want to play something, but then i'm athletically challenged. maybe after tax season x_x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't played bball in ages.... but i do miss it... :( i remember i use to play with my guy friends and i would like slap to get the ball... yes i know that's a foul but it was fun :P i use to have an awesome layup :P

    ReplyDelete