Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bad Excuses

In my days around, I've been on the receiving end of many excuses, I'm sure everyone has, and I'm also sure everyone has used excuses for some type of situation. Sometimes aren't you just sick and tired of hearing excuses. Might be someone prolonging some tasks perhaps quit smoking, or you might get an excuse that just might seem far fetched. With people giving you an answer such as maybe which is not definite will also lead to excuses, in my case, when I hear a not so definite answer, my first instinct is to just consider it a NO. There is always an exception to this, such as how well you know someone might determine what this indefinite answer might be, or maybe there is some type of legitimate reason, so I guess its not so good jumping to conclusion, but in my case, certain people I know, when they give me answers such as, I'll get back to you, or call me back the day before, that probability of the answer being No is actually quite high, or even worst off, No answer at all and they just ignore you.

Does it ever bother you if people constantly giving you a indefinite answer? I personally just stop asking people questions if that is the case, because I would 99% know the answer already. Even if someone stops you on the street and asks you for a donation you don't have to make up excuses to not wanting to donate, I am sure they know most people won't stop to talk to them. If a person doesn't really matter, just as a stranger, does it matter we use an excuse? I would just tell them as it is, since they don't know me, and I will never see them again. If your friends constantly does this excuse giving, it makes you wonder how creditable they are, and they just become liars, and it might become chronic. Sometimes I think people don't give you a definite on like an outing is, they are waiting for better plans to come, if your not as interesting, then bye bye to you. I mean as an adult I believe we are old enough to listen to the truth, and mature enough to hear the real reasons. Sometimes it is just easier with just a yes or no, instead of, maybe, we'll see.

I guess the one of the worst experience perhaps to have is people giving you lame excuses. I believe some people are just too lazy to do their job and have to make up something to get you to help them, and maybe perhaps take over the duties. I hear this the most is, people just pretending to be sick, I guess that is very common, even little kids knows how to do that.

Please next time if you ever decide to give an excuse, be more considerate to the person you know. It is hard to plan an event if you don't give them a yes or no answer. Oh wait, I guess for more important events, there is a RSVP deadline.

I guess lying is a totally different subject and for a second I was going to write something about that, but I guess giving excuses can lead to lying which is the only connection I made with the two in this post.

Y

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, it entry made me laugh really hard. Argh! Stupid excuses...I hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! i know how that feels... *shakes fist* but sometimes i'll admit i'll be one of those ppl... well back in the day i was when i would get peer pressured into going out but they wont take no for an answer :P but yes... one can only be rejected so many times before you just know the answer already before u ask... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete