Sunday, March 14, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics

Well I've been wanting to post something about the olypmics but couldn't find a photo for it, but I will continue anyways. I want to congratulate all the athletes that competed in the game for the entertainment value they provided for the world, their hard training for the last 4 years to prepare themselves for the games to represent their countries.  I am proud and happy that Canada won the most gold medals which was a surprise to me, and hope they continue this to the summer olympics where they really slumped.  There was lots of olympic spirit all around Toronto, and I can only imagine how much more festive it would of been in BC.  The weather did play havoc and the opening ceremony wasn't that great to me but it united Canada from the first gold medal down to the last.

Hockey should be changed to Canada's nation sport instead of lacross officially. People did celebrate in the victory of their own game and all the headlines it created across the country.  How simply a few people playing a sport can do this to the whole nation.  Even people that are not hockey watchers watched this game. 

I have never heard so many people say they are proud of being canadian in a very long time. and this really is rare.  I think people should be proud all the time, and not just because of these recent events.  I think more people were wearing canadian apparel than on canada day.  Alot of canadians are immigrants and they celebrated canada's victories and forgot about their original country of decent for a moment.  Where people of all ages, and cultures came together and cheered for team canada.

I hope the Canadian altheles willl be as successful in the 2012 London Games.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment