Saturday, October 17, 2009

Restaurant Review: Nando's Flame Grilled Chicken House

For my first review, I have chosen to review Nando's Flame Grilled Chicken House, a fast food joint located at 9625 Yonge St, in Richmond Hill (Yonge and 16th). The specialty of this restaurant is spices that the Portuguese discovered called peri-peri. All the dishes require you to choose the amount of spice just like when you order wings.



There are many items to choose from and the portions are well portioned. I got the half chicken with 1 side order of fries with a coke, and it came to around $13.



Other friends of mine got quarter chicken and double legged chicken. Its more like swiss chalet but with the chicken grilled over a bbq, and less the chalet sauce. On the side they have other hot, and garlic sauces. The flavor of your meal is labeled by the flag on your chicken.





Overall the restaurant dining area was well kept and clean. Nothing very spectacular and tried to keep a feel of a cozy home. Didn't goto the washroom but was told one of the stalls for the female washroom wasn't working properly.



My overall impression of the food was just slightly okay. Something I could of done without. I can see why it can be appealing because of the spiciness in the food. I personally can't eat anything spicy and there did not try the hot stuff. I've heard people come to this place on a weekly basis and go crazy with the spices. Selection and normal service was acceptable. Overall I would give this 1.5/5. Seems kinda low? Well I was going to give them 2 just for being an avg restaurant, then the washroom wasn't working so that was another 0.5 mark off.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment