Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Restaurant Review: Atlantic Fish Co.

Atlantic Fish
761 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
(617) 267-4000
http://www.atlanticfishco.com/


Glasses

Out in the east coast they are known for their seafood.  So I will try to have as much seafood as I can for my short stay in Boston.  My friend came across a place in the Back Bay area of Boston which in comparison is like the Yorkville of Toronto.  In this area, there are lots of tourist and high end hotels, and everyone on the street is dress quite well.  The Atlantic Fish Co has been in many publications and tourist guide as a top restaurant to visit in the Boston Area, and luckily we were staying just within a few blocks of this fine establishment.  It is very classy, and we were greeted at the door by someone in a suit, and lots of people was having lunch over a glass of wine.

Inside the Restaurant

We've been walking around town for a few hours and worked up an appetite once again. We came into this restaurant to enjoy some great seafood. Everything was very clean, there is a window where we sat near the back which gave you a good glimpse into the kitchen.  I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the silverware and glasses on the table.  Unfortunately I am not big on wine and just relaxed over a chilled glass of water.

Best Bread I've Had

My first order of the day was an appeitzer, and on the menu it stated that their new england cowder has won an award.  The only new england cowder I ever came close to is from a can by the name of chunky's.  How sad.  But I am looking forward to better things.  While I was waiting on the chowder, there was some bread on the table.  It didn't look that special at first but once I started cutting it open, it was simply the most amazing bread I've ever tasted.  Soft on the inside, and just crispy but not hard on the outside, and the bread was still warm feeling like it just came out of the oven.  The butter which it was accompanied with was whipped and very creamy and soft which made it all that better. Might not look much by the picture, but you have to try it to really experience it.

Award Winning New England Chowder

Soon came the Award Winning New England Chowder. Man, After the first spoon, I wanted more and more. I love the ingredients inside this chowder. Everything seem so fresh, and they weren't cheap on the seafood. Chunky's only wish it can, can this goodness inside their product. The price wasn't that bad, around $6.

Crab Cake Melt Sandwich

Next came my Crab Cake Sandwich.  I decided to order this dish because as I was walking into the restaurant I saw lots of customers eat a sandwich.  The portion looked good as I was hungry coming in.  I asked the waiter which of their sandwiches are the most popular and recommended this sandwich.  Did I mention I'm not a big seafood lover?  I really don't like fishy smell of any seafood.  This then leads to my next sentence of how well prepared this sandwich was.  There was no trace of any fishiness and tasted pretty good with all the seasoning and vegetables.  Again their selection of bread and how toasty they made it was excellent and made it a superb sandwich.

Tuna Tartar Sandwich

My Friends ordered the Tuna Tartar sandwich, and it came with wasabi mayo.  He described it as cooked on the outside to a crisp, then still raw and fresh on the inside, he really enjoyed his food.  The other dish that they ordered was the seafood Linguine.  Lots of seafood on the plate and pasta was cooked very well.  No complaints from all 3 of us.

Seafood Linguine

Again after this meal, we were stuffed but we still had lots of places to visit to walk off our lunch. This restaurant was the perfect way to relax from site seeing and sit and enjoy some good tasting food. The atmosphere, price, service, location made it very attractive and it is a must visit if your around the Back Bay area.

I give this place 4/5

To see my other photos please click on them below
Tuna Tartar Sandwich Crab Cake Melt Sandwich Clean Glass over seeing the chef at work

No comments:

Post a Comment