Monday, July 27, 2009

Social Appearance

I wanted to blog about this topic, but I already made a post today. So I'm giving myself a head start and writing this for tomorrow. I thought it was a good discovery on a conversation I was having with someone. I learn t that cosmetic for some people is like a hobby or a collection. You can get obsessed and start buying them like baseball cards it is for guys. Its like boys and their toys. Girls also have their toys. So from the talk of cosmetics I soon to discovered men created many things. Even things that you would not quickly think, oh, a guy can be in this business. Oh and please forgive me if you learn t this already in your history class or somewhere else. What things was I thinking of men wouldn't be doing as a regular job which most guys wouldn't do. Well something in the lines of cosmetology, hair designer, fashion designer. These jobs don't fall under really manly jobs. *no offenses to anyone intended*

Then I start thinking back to the times way back. Realized women was usually suppress by the male race and would be the decision maker and doing everything. Everything would include these jobs such as clothes, hair, makeup. So this translate to the modern time when these jobs would be professions of a female.

Now looking at fashion. There are lots of renouned female designer, but there are still lots of males that exists or influence fashion such as calvin klein, tommy hilfigure, versace, louis vutton, valentino, ralph lauren.

So you must be thinking why I keep on writing about men doing these jobs. Well lets go back in time again, when men did all these jobs. They make clothes for women and of course they would create them as they see fit, since they don't have a say. They would put make up on them to make them look pretty, also for themselves to be more presentable. As time passes this started becoming a norm, where women would look nice for their significant other. Now lets fast forward to the present. Alot of girls in society obsesses over designer clothes, cover their face with makeup, to make yourself perfect without any flaws, wanting to be accepted in society and have to be super thin. What are the causes of these? I would say because men has created all these idealistic for women which has been in existent for centuries. These idealistic surely still exists but has taken a new role. Clothes and makeup has more meaning then to just pleasing men. It has become an art form, and fulfillment process. Looking good/presentable is the norm, male or female.

I know this has been a horrible post for grammar and my thoughts floating all over the place. I hope you can piece this together because it seems such a good idea to blog about when I was having this conversation, and I cannot put the pieces back in which the conversation formed.

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment